Thursday, March 27, 2008

Prayer Request For Naomi

From Caminante:

As Kris Carr author of "Crazy, Sexy, Cancer" would say, Get your posse going.

So, you all, you are Naomi's prayer posse. She needs your prayers. Spread them far and wide. Put her on whatever prayer list you know. Just pray. Pray for her, her mother, father, four sisters and brother.

She wrote tonight on her website:

"So, not so great news. I’m going to finish radiation and try a chemo for two weeks. The chemo wont cure it but we’re hoping that it’ll slow or shrink it a little. It is Ewings and it is growing and being very aggressive. After radiation and chemo they will do an assessment but after that they said that there is nothing else they can do. After the assessment they will be labeling my case as terminal. My parents and I have talked about it and decided to try eveything out there to fight this beast. We’re going to research alternatives and holistic approaches. If anyone has suggestions or knows anything please let me know. I’m hoping things work out but now I really begin my fight."

I can't believe they told her that they would be calling her case 'terminal.' It's so harsh.

If you all know of anything that might help, write me in the comments and I will pass it along.

Our prayers can make a difference. I don't know for what to pray but God knows. Thanks.


Prayers for healing for Naomi and for comfort, consolation, and peace for her and for those who love her.

12 comments:

  1. Prayers - God knows what she needs. And we are all terminal - and none of know the date - and we will live forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for peace, healing, wisdom and release from fear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we are all terminal - and none of know the date - and we will live forever.

    How true, Ann. When I say that, some folks think I am morbid. I say, not morbid, but realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers. And I'm going to write down what Ann said and keep it with me.

    Pax, C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I pray for people, I pray for their wellness, and tell God I'm trying hard not to define "wellness" for him. Sometimes I have to confess that I'm imperfect though.

    Someone said to me when my aunt's cancer metastasized two years ago, "God already knows when your aunt is going to die." Somehow, I found that comforting.

    And another terminal cancer patient told her, "My work will not be done when I start doing it from the other side." She found that comforting.

    Yes, prayers, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gtandmere!!! C'est toi!

    What happened to Jane Austen?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate, c'est moi. I grew tired of the Austen portrait. I'll probably tire of this one even more quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very hard situation. I'll say a prayer for your friend though. God knows... God knows everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kate, I would never have shown my picture when I first started out. I was shy about the whole blogging thing. My picture has been posted on the internet a few times before, as part of group gatherings, so my image was already out there. I don't use pictures of my family. I figure I can do what I want for myself, but I should let them have their privacy.

    Lindy, yes. God knows what's best for Naomi. In my opinion, sometimes death is the healing. I like what Ann said quite a lot.

    "And we are all terminal - and none of us know the date - and we will live forever."

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Dad's in hospital as of yesterday. I thought it would be a very short stay, and he'd die in the next few days. But there's something they can do that will make him more comfortable and able to breathe, without fixing the problem. They're saying, after they've done it, they're planning to send him home early next week. It will still be soon.

    Dad's illness is a logical consequence of what he's done in his life. I believe that in the next phase of his existence, whatever that is, he will be offered healing he wouldn't or couldn't take in this phase. And that at some point, he'll be able to move into that healing.

    A big part of the problem is -- he is completely unwilling to accept the possibility that there is a Source of All Healing and Help, or a next phase of existence.

    I made his favourite kind of cookies this morning, and I'm going now to deliver them to the hospital. We do what we can.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "And we are all terminal - and none of know the date - and we will live forever."

    While that is most true, neither Naomi nor her family are yet in a position to hear those words.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.