Friday, April 3, 2009

Aaaahhh...

That's a sigh of relief. My grandson is off to school. Grandpère drove him and will wait in line to drop him off, thanks be to God.

My granddaughter, his sister, is in Baton Rouge competing in the state Geography Bee. I wanted very much to be there, but I would have had to get up at around 4:00 AM to get to Baton Rouge on time, and there are times that I must admit to myself and to everyone else that there are things that I just can't do. I'm there with her in spirit, and I pray that she will do well.

My grandson slept at our house because his dad and sister had to leave so early. I would not want to have to get young children off to school every day. My technique is mostly nagging. "Get dressed. Eat your breakfast. Brush your teeth. Brush your hair." All of them repeated more than once.

Mission accomplished.

4 comments:

  1. The instructions to youth - "Get dressed. Eat your breakfast. Brush your teeth. Brush your hair." come back to us in old age - "Put your clothes on, NOW! That's your breakfast, there, in front of you. Where are your teeth? What's happened to your hair?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. SR, your comment goes into my top ten list for cleverest and funniest comments. I laughed and laughed. I'm still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what Saintly Ramblings said.

    Oh but it's so true. Truth from a Caregiver!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. David, God bless and give you patience and strength in your caregiving.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.