Saturday, December 19, 2009

Story Of The Day - Flight

I knew a man in college who grew up in
the inner city of Chicago & what he was
doing in Iowa I never did figure out. But
whenever he would see a jet trailing
across the sky, he would stop everything
he was doing & he would watch. Once,
after a jet was gone & there was nothing
left but the white line disappearing like
a scar into the blue, he turned to me &
said, An airplane is a miracle & I didn't
give it much thought, but now & then,
when I am ready to give up hope for
human beings in general, & for one or
two of them who are bugging me
specifically, I will look to the sky & there
will be one of those miracles & I will
remember it's all about concentrating
on the right thing.



From StoryPeople.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.