Saturday, April 3, 2010

CHRIST IS RISEN! ALLELUIA, ALLELUIA!

 

GRECO, El - "The Resurrection" - 1577-79
Church of Santo Domingo el Antiguo, Toledo
EASTER COLLECT

Almighty God,
through your Son Jesus Christ
You overcame death and opened to us
the gate of everlasting life;
grant us so to die daily to sin,
that we may evermore live with him
in the joy of his resurrection:
who lives and reigns with you
and the Holy Spirit,
one God now and for ever.
Amen.


(New Zealand Prayer Book, p.593)


Painting from the Web Gallery of Art.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Easter from NC, Mimi.
    amyj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easter Joy my beloved friend! He is Risen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter, Grandmere. The Lord is risen indeed. Alleluia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the N.Z. prayer book! Happy Easter.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter, all!!

    Lovely George Herbert poem. Thank you, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter!

    “This is a day of Alleluias!
    Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia! The Lord is risen. He is risen indeed!
    This is a day of foreplay—the soul aroused to life..”
    --from a prayer by James Koenig posted on my blog today

    Thank you for your support. I also appreciate learning about the Web Gallery of Art from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. KittKatt, I just sent a donation to the WGA, because I use their art work so often on my blog. Their site is a treasure trove for me.

    I enjoyed your series during Holy Week. Doug Blanchard was first a virtual friend, and, as of last year, is now a real life friend.

    Happy Easter, all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, George Herbert!

    This is still my favorite of his poems. I've taught it many years now, and it never fails to move me and inspire me and teach me.

    I don't know if it teaches my students, but I love it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rmj, is teaching the poem like climbing a mountain with your students in this post-Christian era?

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.