Wednesday, December 29, 2010

PLEASE PRAY FOR CATHY

hi Mimi,

Alas I am no better. I am as sick as a dog. I have this horrible bug, which hasn't shifted since last Sunday, and which is honestly making me feel really ill. I slept really badly last night as well because my runny nose and feverishness kept waking me up. It's a nasty one, this virus. I really am not a happy bunny right now.

Poor baby!

O God, the strength of the weak and the comfort of sufferers: Mercifully accept our prayers, and grant to your servant Cathy the help of your power, that her sickness may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

UPDATE: Cathy works on contract and asks:

Please pray for me to get enough work in January to pay the bills, since this week I only had three shifts booked and have had to pull out of two of them because of sickness, and later this month I have very little booked as things stand at the moment, I do trust God to provide but prayers of course don't go astray,

xoxo cathy

15 comments:

  1. Prayers for Cathy. May she recover quickly and fully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're up, around and a happy bunny soon, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mimi, Paul and Lapin. I'm really grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better. Nothing worse than adding worry to illness. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers Cathy - healing and for jobs. Hard to work on contract and be worrying where the next one will come from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers from here - may you heal and find the work you need with a dose of peace and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy emailed me to say that she thinks she may have the H1N1 swine flu, which is spreading in England.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Worst time to be sick. Blecch.

    Love you, Cathy. You're one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww - thanks Mark - you too :-)

    Thanks also Fran and Ann - all prayers are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, gosh, Cathy. I had no idea you were ill. I'm so, so sorry.

    Earnest prayers, dear friend. Earnest.

    I get it about the money situation. I don't get paid if I don't work, either. That makes it doubly scary to be sick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Ellie. I'm grateful. Without wanting to jump the gun, today I have started to feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sorry to hear you are in such straits, Cathy, and wishing you all the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Feel better soon, darlin'! [Oh, and some prayers for Just That. Along w/ {sigh} More Work (I sigh, because I'm standing in need of that, too.)]

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.