Saturday, December 18, 2010

PLEASE PRAY...


From Cathy:

I saw someone's lost pet bird in the local park yesterday as I was running for the Tube. It was a cockatiel (same as my birdies) and I could tell it was lost because it was in a horrible panic and screaming frantically in the hope of getting a response from familiar faces and voices, but it must have flown too far away from its home for anyone to hear. It called desperately for a few seconds then flew off. I couldn't help it because cockatiels are very strong flyers and it was high up in the trees - by the time I had walked to the tree it was in it could already have been a quarter of a mile off. In the meantime this big freeze and heavy snow has come down. I prayed for it whenever I thought of it yesterday and this morning. There is pretty much no chance it will ever be reunited with its owner but there is a very slim chance it will land in someone's backyard so exhausted that they will be able to catch and rescue it. I feel so sorry for it and also for its owner, who, if they loved their bird, must be utterly distraught,

Poor little birdie. I pray the owner or someone with a kind heart finds the bird and rescues the little one.

Photo from Wikipedia.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Mimi. It's cold and dark here. Not a good time of year for little birdies to escape :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, I just looked at the pictures of your birdies again on Facebook. They're so sweet. Now you've got me thinking about the bird out in the snow and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, I hope it will be all right, and that someone will find it.

    Yesterday I think it had only just escaped, so it had probably eaten in the morning, and would have survived last night. Tonight, I don't know :-(

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.