Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"CHURCHGOERS: THE DIFFERENT SORTS"


Click on the cartoon for the larger view.

From Dave Walker at The Cartoon Blog.

This CartoonChurch.com cartoon by Dave Walker originally appeared in the Church Times.

Dave says:
You can see a larger and more readable version of this cartoon, along with republication information, here on the main site.

I will leave you to decide which of the sort of churchgoer you are.

This is the very first cartoon from the book The Exciting World of Churchgoing. If you start at page 1 and then give up this is the only cartoon you will see. It is also the first of a large batch of cartoons (ten) I will be uploading to the CartoonChurch site over the next while or two. There will be one a day, or perhaps two a day if I am keen or none a day if I am busy.

3 comments:

  1. If I were doing it I'd add one empty pew at the back for the fifth type of parishioner! How true this is, as so often the case with DW's view of the church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought he ought to be a bishop, and then I thought "No, he is just what and where he ought to be." There's just something that happens to perfectly sane people when they become bishops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tobias, I sat in one of your empty pews in the back, simply because I was a half hour late for the service. I arrived just in time for the sermon, which, as I recall, was excellent.

    Then, after the sermon, I had to use the facilities, which involved walking all the way up to the front of the church to find an unlocked door to the parish hall. Yes, I managed to make quite a spectacle of myself before being invited to stand up and be introduced as one of your blogger friends. The other blogger friends were sitting toward the front, having arrived on time.

    I blame the NYC reduced subway service on Sundays for it all.

    susan s., I agree. Dave is right where he should be.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.