Saturday, January 29, 2011

MEET ROXIE THE CAT


Roxie is Frank's new companion. You may remember that Frank, my brother-in-law, said good-bye to his dog, Zoe, in December and his cat, Maddie, last October.

Frank says:
Don't know if I mentioned it before - but I now have a new pet - Roxie. She was a stray hanging out behind the police station for the past six months - and they convinced me to adopt her - now that Zoe is gone. She was named by one of the female officers. She now has a repertoire of four tricks - all performed without benefit of commands - sleep, eat, poop and pee. She is extremely proficient at all four - especially the sleeping - during the day on my desk, at night on an upholstered chair in the living room.

Frank

Frank will be rejuvenated by Roxie's presence, especially as he is guaranteed his quota of daily exercise feeding Roxie and keeping her litter box clean.

7 comments:

  1. I love Roxie's four tricks. Good on you Roxie!! :-) She sounds really sweet. I hope she and Frank enjoy many years of hanging out together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet Roxie is enjoying sleeping somewhere safely now instead of behind the police station!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JCF, yeah. Aw, Roxie.

    I think Frank and Roxie are a good match. I wish them many good years together. She looks comfy curled up on her upholstered chair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something about a sleeping cat that is so tranquil.

    I think our cat Bubba wins awards for sleeping, so Roxie may have competition. It is astonishing how he manages to occupy the largest part of a queen size bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is astonishing how he manages to occupy the largest part of a queen size bed.

    LOL! Cats make their space.

    When my son has his children with him, his cats, Wendy and Stormy, sleep around, but when the kids are with their mom, the two cuddle with him.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.