Tuesday, February 15, 2011

PLEASE PRAY FOR CATHY AND FOR THOSE WHO SEEK EMPLOYMENT

Our friend Cathy has been ill with a feverish gastrointestinal virus for several days. Tonight she said she felt somewhat better, but please pray for her recovery to full health and strength.

Also, Cathy missed several work days because of her illness. Since she works on contract, she gets paid only when she works. Please pray that she will be offered replacement shifts to make up for the days she missed.
O God, the strength of the weak and the comfort of sufferers: Mercifully accept our prayers, and grant to your servant Cathy the help of your power, that her sickness may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

For the unemployed and underemployed:
Heavenly Father, we remember before you those who suffer want and anxiety from lack of work. Guide the people of this land so to use our public and private wealth that all may find suitable and fulfilling employment, and receive just payment for their labor; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Alison

David@Montreal

JCF

Jim B

Jonathan

Penny

And others you may want to name in the comments.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much. I need all the prayers I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Names often in my prayers and I offer then all up afresh, along with my friend Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JCF, I'm pleased to be able to offer the prayers.

    For Kathy, Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to repeat my request for prayers for Lara Logan, as she recovers from the unspeakable.

    Yes, I've <3<3<3 after her for years (I got eyes, y'know? ;-/).

    But she was one of the FIRST field reporters I know of, to really call GWB on his BULLSH*T in Iraq. She went to the frontlines there, and Afghanistan, again and again (because we need to hear about our wars, whether we want to or not).

    She's even more courageous than she is beautiful.

    I can't imagine her road to recovery, ahead of her.

    I pray God hold her close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This morning I got offered a shift this Friday, which replaces one of the two days I lost. Also, I am definitely on the mend today. So, thanks be to God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the prayers, Mimi and friends!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. JCF, yes indeed, prayers for Lara Logan. She is incredibly brave in doing her job.

    Cathy, I'm glad to hear your good news on both counts.

    Penny, I wish you well in finding a position. You're doing the right thing with your supply work, because you get around and show what you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got offered another shift tomorrow, so that is both shifts replaced and I have lost nothing (except perhaps potentially the goodwill of the people in that section of the newspaper, since I also dropped a shift at almost no notice last week, for entirely different reasons). Thanks for all the prayers. And thanks be to God.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for al those mentioned here.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.