Friday, March 18, 2011

PLEASE PRAY FOR AILEEN, CATHY, AND CATHY

From Sally Boyd--- prayers continuing. ----

Begin forward message:

This is the latest news from her husband, Mike:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011
8:18 p.m.

AILEEN TALKED!! Sunday her therapists, knowing I have to take the boys back to Rapid, started working early that morning, so that by the time we get there to say our good byes, she spoke!!!!! She said "Hi Mike" "mom" and "boys"! It took SOO much strain and effort and sounded like a 90 year old smoker, but who cares!! Everyone in the room cried, even the therapists! I love this place!

Aileen is amazing. She is working and fighting so hard. Yes, we have a long way to go, but she is just the girl to do it. She is stronger than any ten men! I dare anyone to say different! God, prayers from each and everyone of you, and the will of a mom. Nothing could be stronger! Thank you all!

Oh my! What wonderful news! Thanks be to God and to all who care for Aileen and pray for her. May Aileen's recovery continue until she is restored to full health and strength.

From JCF:
I just spoke w/ Cathy's sister.

They're preparing to bring Cathy home to a room in her (other) sister's place, in hospice care.

As I know from relatively recent experience w/ my mom, being AT HOME is the way To Go.

Please keep Cathy and her family in your prayers...

JCF, at home is the place to go, if possible. May Cathy go gentle, without pain or distress, into the loving arms of Jesus.

From the other Cathy in England:
In the meantime, I haven't got a temperature, but I have got a really weird cold. In addition to all of the usual symptoms it has given me sharp, nagging pain and nasty pressure first in the left ear (yesterday), then in the right (today). Now when I whistle I can hear two separate notes at the same time, one a semitone higher than the other, and everyone on the telly has got two voices, like bad lipsyncing. Prayers please? ...

O Father, heal our friend Cathy from her cold and restore her speedily to full health and strength, in Jesus' name, amen.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas for the other Cathy, I'm really sorry to hear it, JCF. Prayers for her, her family, and for you.

    Good news about Aileen though.

    As for me - thank you Mimi - I am really grateful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pleased to post prayer requests, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still finding this hard to accept [I just made the mistake (?) of looking at the beginning of Cath's Cancer Story (November '08), when she was still in shock over the diagnosis, and BEATING this f@cker was All.]

    How does a healthy never-smoker in her early 50s get brought down by Lung Cancer? How can this happen? WHY should it happen to my friend? (If you met her, you'd quickly realize she's just good, good people)

    I'm feeling pissy at God at this moment (I know: "God can take it").

    Whatever all of our ultimate fates, I don't want Cath to "go home to Jesus" right now: I want to be in HER home, watching Xena with her.

    Cancer sucks. God sucks, for letting it exist...

    ...and humans suck, for not DEMANDING cures be effing found already! >:-(..

    [Here concludes my Friday Night Rant]

    {{{UK-nee-Oz Cathy }}} Feel better soon. (I've been feeling intermittently under-the-weather, too. So if there are any spare prayers laying about... [Finally see a doctor w/ my new insurance on 4/1!]

    TBTG for Aileen & Fam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry, JCF.

    I just returned from a meeting reviewing grants for the American Cancer Society. Good news: they spend real money on top research. Bad news: they have way more top grants than money to fund them.

    Same problem with the NIH, which will take devastating, and for many investigators, lethal cuts if the Republican House budget axe has its way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just heard:

    Cathy went home to God this evening.

    My heart is heavy...but I'm relieved she's free of pain.

    Light eternal grant unto her O Lord...

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.