Sunday, April 24, 2011

NEW LIFE - TWINS BENTLEY GRACE AND NOAH ANTHONY


Hey Ms June, sorry it took so long to get these to you. I misplaced the email address you gave us at church. If sending the photos to you via this address doesnt work out, let me know.

Thank you for acknowledging our family,

Rachel & Ashley Guidry (Noah Anthony & Bentley Grace)

And what a lovely family!



Noah Anthony up close. Adorable, isn't he?



Bentley Grace close up. Precious, isn't she?

We celebrated Noah's and Bentley's baptisms at St John's on this joyous Easter Day.



Fr Ed baptizes Bentley Grace as the proud moms, their godparents and families, and the congregation look on.



Next comes Noah's baptism, and we all have a second chance to "Oooh" and "Aaah".

Thank you, Ashley and Rachel, for allowing me the honor of celebrating the birth and baptism of your darling babies here at Wounded Bird.
Heavenly Father, we thank you that by water and the Holy Spirit you have bestowed upon Noah and Bentley the forgiveness of sin, and have raised them to the new life of grace. Sustain them, O Lord, in your Holy Spirit. Give them an inquiring and discerning heart, the courage to will and to persevere, a spirit to know and to love you, and the gift of joy and wonder in all your works. Amen.
....

We receive you into the household of God. Confess the faith of Christ crucified, proclaim his resurrection, and share with us in his eternal priesthood.

19 comments:

  1. Too Kewt!

    Beautiful family: God bless 'em!

    Happy Easter, Mimi---He is Risen, Alleluia. {Mwah!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter, JCF. The Lord is risen indeed! Alleluia! xoxo

    The babies are adorable, and the moms are pretty, too, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Ashley and Rachel! Noah and Bentley --join us in the work of Christ's eternal priesthood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful Moms and those kids are just precious. My Lord, their eyes are so big! I am in love with big eyed babies!!! Congratulations to all of y'all!!!

    Happy Easter, Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turns our, the surprise of my own prejudices and stereotypes of LA simply add to the delight of this most joyous occasion. I've never been happier to be wrong. Thanks for sharing this, Mimi, and Mazel Tov to the new family and the newest members of the Body of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! God's blessings on this family that they may always know of God's love and presence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So healthy, so normal, so beautiful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tear up each time I look at the pictures. It was a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful family. Welcome to the kingdom of Christ's people babies. Here you are loved and cherished as you are by your mothers.

    FWIW
    jimB

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovley family, what lovely photos! Thank you for sharing them, Mimi.

    My girls have only had 2 female parents for the last 6 years but they're the most delightful teenagers you can imagine. I can only recommend it - those two boys are very lucky to have 2 loving, caring mums.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apologies! I meant "those two babies", not "those two boys"!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kewt!!! The behbehs already look as if they know everything in life there is to know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you ever seen two happier looking moms? They're like that in real life, too. The smiles are not just for the cameras.

    I should mention that the top three pictures were sent to me by Rachel, and the photos of the baptisms are mine.

    Erika, I hope to meet your delightful girls one day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww......what a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I could have been there. These will bring tears to Emily's eyes. I may be reading into what is happening, but, nonetheless, I'm am proud to have served in such a wonderful parish and a better priest because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely family, just lovely.

    Hi hawk! I hope you and your family are well.

    Well, it was nice having you at St John's. The congregation went through the pregnancy and births with Ashley and Rachel, and on Easter Day, the joyous celebration of the baptism of the twins. Sometimes it seems like a miracle to me, and, at other times, it seems the most natural thing in the world. What I know about the occasion is that along with joy, many who were present and others who have read the story experience hope, and if Christianity is about anything, it is about hope.

    Say "Hi" to Emily for me, and give the kids a hug from me. Of course, you can hug Emily, too.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.