Friday, May 27, 2011

NO REST YET ON THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND


Don't blame me. Leonardo made me do it. The plaque is borrowed. From Eruptions at the Foot of the Volcano:
Rowan Williams has proven to be a deceitful, snide and punishing leader to heterosexual women and to our LGBTI sisters and brothers throughout the Anglican Communion. His ¨nuanced¨ (sneaky and blatant) despotic leadership continues to demean, marginalize and discriminate against other Anglicans. He often discriminates against minority ¨marginalized¨ human beings– he has a cowardly, and codependent ¨working relationship¨ with Anglicans at the Global South and panders to the Gafcon schismatics-- pandering to religiouslike bigots who harm tens of thousands of LGBTI Anglicans on the ground in Jamaica, Uganda, Nigeria, the Middle East and even in the United Kingdom (as with Jeffrey John and many others we can now openly witness ). Anglican David Kato in Uganda has been murdered along with many Anglican/other lesbian ¨rape cure¨ victims because, in part, of poor episcopal stewardship at The Anglican Communion.

Remember: I didn't say that. However, I did think Leonardo's post and plaque were worth sharing.

UPDATE: IT has a splendid post on Rowan Williams and the closeted gay bishops in the Church of England at The Friends of Jake titled "Coming Out as a Leader", which includes a wonderful snazzy cartoon.

10 comments:

  1. Dear Mimi,

    Thank you for helping me remove the lid from the Anglican pressure cooker-- I think we´re done (maybe even a little overdone) with the pretending that ¨things¨ are different than they really are...a bit sad to realize in the full that ++Rowan and ++John are as emotionally/spiritually challenged as they clearly ARE!

    BTW, the design is not mine. I´m a little reluctant to tell you who did the design work (I picked it up months ago and held it in reserve for this certain-to-come day)...a hint, he´s the same fellow who designed the No Anglican Covenant logo (to me, right on both counts).

    Un abrazo fuerte,
    Leonardo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leonardo, about the plaque, I know to whom you refer. It's perfect for the present time. I'll correct my post, but I will not use a name.

    I believe the pretense is over, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From ewok to orc in just one memo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Counterlight, yes - an excellent analogy to the progression of the perception of Rowan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewok to orc - too perfect, Counterlight!

    And, indeed, it appears the mask is off now. As Oz discovered, you cannot pull the curtain back. (Mixed metaphors, I know.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul, no matter the mixed metaphors. The curtain is open, and the main players are shown for what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There IS something rather mephistophelian about that beard now, isn't there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm guessing if we held him down and shaved it off we'd find three sixes under there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wade! You say the most outrageous things!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.