Friday, August 19, 2011

OH THE POSSIBILITIES!

My name is XXXXXX and I work at XXXXXXXX, a rapidly-growing custom apparel company. I found your contact info through your blog and wanted to offer you $50 of free printed t-shirts. We can print anything you want on these shirts - your blog name, a memorable quote, or a picture of a cat. This comes out to 3 or 4 shirts, depending on what design you end up choosing. You could use the t-shirts to as prizes for reader contests, giveaways or other for other promotions.
All right, my readers, do you want my t-shirts? Why not a picture of me instead of a picture of a cat on the shirts? What about the text? Oooh, this is so exciting!

Ah, the company is a small start-up, and I wish them well, but I don't see myself as their best customer.

13 comments:

  1. Best be careful, Mimi, or someone is going to start a competition. Maybe best to start it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cafepress accounts are free and then people pay their own costs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posted in jest, my friends. I'm not at all interested in my own logo t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should go with a picture of yourself and a caption, "The blogger who intimidates MadPriest."

    GRDLF

    FWIW
    jimB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim, MP's quite a man to admit that he can be bullied by a woman in her mid-70s. I'll give him that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about a picture of you AND a cat?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would buy a t-shirt with your piccie on it if it had a funny caption, Mimi, or if it featured you in the gold mitre and the caption said "Mimi for ABC".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm mightily tempted by the picture of me in the mitre. I must repeat over and over, 'Pride goeth before a fall. Pride goeth before a fall.'

    ReplyDelete
  9. The people demand it, Mimi!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Or ... you could have a photo of MP on the front and a larger image of you on the back with the saying "Behind every man is a GREAT WOMAN!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd buy it!!!
    Not sure I'd wear it, but I'd definitely buy it.

    LOVE whiteycat's idea. Make sure you wear a mitre too. And it has to be an aligator one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're all crazy, you know, but I love you anyway. Do you know why? Because I'm crazy, too.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.