Wednesday, November 30, 2011

PLEASE PRAY FOR LOLA AND KATHERINE

From Ann:
Please pray for my friend Lola -- healing from her cancer and relief from the side effects from the medications that are supposed to be killing off the cancer cells.

Lola is a rock for her church--time to be a rock for her.
Amen.

Update from Doxy:
My grandmother (Katherine) has had a stroke. I’ve just spoken with my cousin, who is with her at the hospital, but I’m waiting to hear directly from the doctor to find out how bad it is.

(She went down to Georgia for Thanksgiving with her sister, my cousin, and her family. She wasn’t feeling well before she went, but she insisted on going. Sigh.)

More later….prayers would be appreciated.
O God, the strength of the weak and the comfort of sufferers: Mercifully accept our prayers, and grant to your servants Lola and Katherine the help of your power, that their sicknesses may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Mimi.

    I have spoken with the doctor. They think the stroke was mild, but they will not be sure about the extent of the damage for a few days. My grandmother is a insulin-dependent, brittle diabetic, and her blood glucose levels are through the roof right now. She is mentally confused at the moment, but they don't know whether her confusion is related to the stroke or to the diabetes. It will take time to resolve that, so now we are in "hurry up and wait" mode.

    Thanks so much for the prayers. My grandmother is the rock and heart of our family....

    Love,
    Doxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doxy, thanks for the update. Prayers that the stoke was mild and that the rest of Katherine's medical problems will be resolved satisfactorily by treatment. I know your grandmother is the heart of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers ascending!

    Off-topic: Mimi, did you see today's post at OCICBW (after liturgy for St Andrew's)? (Greater) Health crisis w/ the in-laws. Prayers for MP & Missus MP (Jon&Jane, and fam)

    ReplyDelete
  4. prayers for all and for MP and his missus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers from me for Lola, Doxy's grandmother and MP and his missus (tho I do pray for the two last anyway so that can be taken for granted).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just posted a prayer request for Mrs MP's parents.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.