Thursday, January 5, 2012

WHO SHOULD MAKE THE COFFEE?

A man and his wife were having an argument about who should brew
the coffee each morning.

The wife said, "You should do it, because you get up first, and then we won't have to wait so long to get our coffee".

The husband said, "I disagree: You are in charge of the cooking around here and so you should do it, because that is your job. I can just wait for my coffee."

Wife replies, "No, you should do it, and besides it is in the Bible that the man should do the coffee."

Husband replies, " I can't believe that, show me."

So she fetched the Bible, and opened the New Testament and showed him at the top of several pages, that it indeed says:


"HEBREWS"


Cheers (and Happy New Year!),


Paul (A.)
But I drink tea!

I wonder if Paul's lovely wife hears these stories every single day.

8 comments:

  1. You go, Paul (A.)! You are off to a rip roaring start for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whiteycat, I don't know. I was thinking of asking Paul (A.) to leave the stage, but I didn't, because I wanted to give him a chance in the new year.

    Did you see that in my post on the RC ordinariate, I copied your comment from the National Catholic Reporter's story?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Mimi, since Paul usually brews the tea in the morning, I can certainly smile and nod as he relates these gems (at least until the theophylline kicks in).
    Mrs. Paul (A)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi, I must have missed this. Thanks for the additional publishing of my comment. It certainly is the truth, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine, if Paul brews the tea in the morning, then I'd expect you could smile and nod at almost anything. You're a fortunate woman.

    whiteycat, yes. What you said is true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a division of labor in this household: My wife is the one with the functioning tastebuds, and I'm the one who brews the tea, because I do it better. At least, she tells me it's better, and who am I to question her?

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least, she tells me it's better, and who am I to question her?

    That's my line to Grandpère about the cooking at my house. The words are true, so my conscience is clear.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.