Tuesday, February 21, 2012

JESUS IN THE WILDERNESS



adamyoung: I took these incredible illustrations by a British illustrator named Simon Smith and put them to an Explosions In The Sky song. ('To West Texas')

The artist, @curmudgeonlysi, says in the comments:
hi, the images here were made by me - if you'd like a copy of the work, it's available as a downloadable movie/slideshow and also in book form [with meditations by my friend chris goan] from proost.co.uk...

cheers,

si smith
A moving blend of image and music.

H/T to Tim Chesterton, who titles his post, 'Something to get us in the mood for Lent'.

5 comments:

  1. Very moving, both illustrations and music. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video makes the Gospel story come alive, doesn't it? I never gave much thought to what Jesus was doing for the 40 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely concept and execution. A great way to start Ash Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first saw the video last night, that's when my Lent began.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.