Sunday, August 5, 2012

SEVEN DEAD IN SHOOTING AT SIKH TEMPLE IN WISCONSIN

Police and fire departments are handling a shooting at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., south of Milwaukee, where at least seven people, including the gunman, are dead, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and other news organizations. At least three people, including a police officer who exchanged shots with the suspect, have been injured and taken to a hospital.
Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy.

5 comments:

  1. Thus far, I'm confused. I've heard "domestic terrorism". Is it thought to be a hate crime? Was the shooter Sikh, or not? Was the shooter Indian(-American), or not? Guess I'll have to wait for clarity.

    May all the departed rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the shooter was a bald-haired, clean-shaven, white man, so I don't think he was a member of the congregation. The Sikhs do not cut their hair or their beards. Besides, Sikhs are very peaceful people

      Delete
    2. If a hate crime--- FYI, two elderly Sikh men, typically dressed, were gunned down in my (Greater Sacramento) area over a year ago, in broad daylight: no one's been arrested. I sort of wish the shooter in Wisconsin is related to that case, just for closure. But I'm not holding my breath, though.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Paul (A.), thank you for the link to the excellent post at Americablog. Says a mouthful about how political correctness can work both ways, doesn't it?

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.