Friday, October 5, 2012

DID MITT HAVE A CHEAT SHEET?



"No props, notes, charts, diagrams or other writings can be used by the candidates; however, they can take notes on the type of paper of their choosing.The candidates cannot ask each other direct questions, but can ask rhetorical questions.The candidates cannot address each other with proposed pledges.Each candidate can use his own makeup artist.No candidate is allowed to use risers or any other device to make them look taller.The Coin Toss: At least 72 hours before the first debate, there will be a coin toss on the order of questioning and closing arguments."
But we all know that rules don't apply to Mitt.  If Bush can get away with a little radio receiver on his back, what's a little cheat sheet in comparison?

Link to video from CBS Chicago.

UPDATE: The Romney campaign says the object was a handkerchief, and another video shows that may indeed be true.   Below is a screenshot from the video.


I offer my apology.

6 comments:

  1. Are you sorry if anyone is offended by your post, Mimi? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, since I've accused Romney of lying, I can hardly allow what may be a lie to stand on my blog without correction. I'm sorry and embarrassed that I was so quick to post something that may not be true. If for that reason, someone is offended, then I am sorry. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a sheet of paper. I ran the clip stop, start, stop, start, in the frames where it slides onto the podium and I don't think material would slide that easily onto the surface without ruffling. And why unfold it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, at one point, the object looks a bit floppy for a sheet of paper, but I'm not certain. I'm sure the investigation is not over.

      Bush had something on his back during one debate, and we never found out for sure what it was, and the story disappeared.

      Delete
  4. Hope the investigation into any Romney does goes on and on. And now we have this:

    "Conspiracy theorists came out in force after the government reported a sudden drop in the U.S. unemployment rate one month before Election Day. Their message: The Obama administration would do anything to ensure a November victory, including manipulating unemployment data."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've read that the Obama administration forced the Labor Department to manipulate the math to make the unemployment figures look good before the election.

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.