Saturday, November 24, 2012

OUR MALCOLM IS A CANDIDATE FOR BISHOP

We are pleased to announce that the moderator of the No Anglican Covenant Coalition (and convenor for the Anglican Church of Canada), the Rev. Malcolm French, is a candidate to become the next bishop of the Diocese of Qu’Appelle in the Anglican Church of Canada. The list of candidates is here. Malcolm’s profile is here.

Please pray for the selection process in the Diocese of Qu’Appelle.
Malcolm asks that the members of NACC and everyone pray that God's will be done in the vote on the candidates, and I shall so pray.  But what's the harm in giving God a nudge in Malcolm's direction?  I believe Malcolm would be an excellent choice as bishop.  His contribution to the NACC has been outstanding.  After reading Malcolm's profile, I am even more impressed with the qualities of leadership Malcolm offers to the Diocese of Qu'Appelle.

From a maintenance mentality to a mission mentality:
In the heart of our see city is one of the most deprived neighbourhoods in Canada. There are people in communities throughout the diocese who are learning that “more stuff” does not fill their spiritual need. There’s mission to be done and there are people who need to hear the Good News. But to tell them this Good News, we need to have the courage to leave our buildings and to go where they are.
May I insert a loud "Amen!" here?  I just did.

Christian leadership:
Clearly any discussion of Christian leadership must begin with Jesus, who came not to be served, but to serve. Christian leadership – and, frankly, any kind of effective leadership – is focused not on the leader, but on the led.
A teaching that Christian leaders all too often seem to forget.

I did not intend for my post to include such strong advocacy, but once I read Malcolm's profile, I couldn't help myself.  And that's the way it is, as Walter used to say.

2 comments:

  1. I want to post it too...I didn't know if it was a little ¨pushy¨ for me to do so from Guatemala...but, alas, if Louisiana can boast admiration for Malcolm+ so can I (better wait a few though, don't want to flood the net)!

    Thanks Mimi and best to OUR hero Malcolm+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Len, I intended for the post to be mostly a news item, but it got away from me. What I know of Malcolm through his work in our group and his very impressive profile led me in a different direction, but now the post is what it is. So be it. :-)

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.