Friday, December 14, 2012

AGAIN, AGAIN, AND AGAIN - COME TOGETHER AND STOP THE SHOOTINGS


The Maddow Blog
"We're going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics," Obama said during a brief address from the White House, where he repeatedly wiped away tears.

"We've endured too many of these tragedies in the past few years. Each time I learn the news, I react not as a president, but as anybody else would, as a parent. And that is especially true today," said Obama, the father of two daughters.
Tom and I have close friends who live in Newtown, and we've visited there several times.  The small town is not a place anyone would have imagined such a tragedy happening.  I talked to my friend today to express my sympathy, shock, and horror for what has happened.  Such a terrible tragedy affects the entire community. 

I pray for those who died that they will rest in peace and rise in glory, and I pray for all who love them, that they will somehow find comfort, consolation, and peace.  I join in the prayers of many that the injured will recover and for strength for their families and friends.  I pray for the people in the community of Newtown and that we, as a country, will come together, as President Obama said, beyond politics to find ways to stop this sort of tragedy from happening again, and again, and again, for we can no longer call the mass shootings isolated incidents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.