Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A LITTLE RELIGIOUS HUMOR

BEING THANKFUL

A Rabbi said to a precocious six-year-old boy, "So your mother says your prayers for you each night That's very commendable. What does she say"

The little boy replied, "Thank God he's in bed!"

ALL MEN / ALL GIRLS

When my daughter, Kelli, said her bedtime prayers, she would bless every family member, every friend, and every animal (current and past). For several weeks, after we had finished the nightly prayer, Kelli would say, "And all girls."

It soon became part of her nightly routine, to include this closing. My curiosity got the best of me and I asked her, "Kelli, why do you always add the part about all girls"

Her response, "Because everybody always finish their prayers by saying 'All Men'!

Thanks to Suzanne.

2 comments:

  1. Re "and All Girls": I went through a period in my 20s when, during Eucharist, I would say {crossing myself} "Blessed is she who comes in the Name of the Lord."

    ...but then I learned that the "he" was specifically Jesus [And, well, I don't consider myself a "she" anymore---but that's another story!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who did you think "she" was before you realized the reference was to Jesus?

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.