Monday, March 18, 2013

THE HEAVENS ARE TELLING THE GLORY OF GOD...

 

...and the firmament proclaims his handiwork.  (Psalm 19:1)
O gracious Light, pure brightness of the everliving Father in heaven, O Jesus Christ, holy and blessed!

Now as we come to the setting of the sun, and our eyes behold the vesper light, we sing thy praises, O God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Thou art worthy at all times to be praised by happy voices, O Son of God, O Giver of life, and to be glorified though all the worlds.

Phos hilaron (The Book of Common Prayer)
The picture shows the sunset yesterday. 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The photo looks almost like a painting, doesn't it? There's the magnificent sky and then the earthy rooftops and Purple Martin house.

      Delete
    2. It does. If it was mine, I'd frame it. The sky is so magnificent.

      Delete
  2. Nothing like nature for true inspiration and wonder of God! Thanks for the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, whiteycat. The picture came out far better than I expected.

      Delete
  3. Outstanding pic, Mimi! Yes, a painting: almost Turner-esque?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also thinking you have a much better camera, than I have on my phone. I'm always taking sunset pictures, and they NEVER really reflect what my *eye* is actually seeing. >:-/

      Delete
    2. JCF, I thought Turner, too. My camera was not expensive, as digital cameras go. It seems to me that the photo shows more than I actually saw with my eyes, but the light and colors at sunset change within seconds, so, for that moment, the sky looked like the picture.

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.