Saturday, April 20, 2013

A WEDDING IN THE FAMILY

 

My son and his girlfriend of several years are getting married today.  Please pray that Patrick and Marlet have many happy years together.  The wedding will take place at Patrick's house with family and a few close friends as guests.
O gracious and everlasting God, look mercifully upon Patrick and Marlet who come to you seeking your blessing, and assist them with your grace, that with true fidelity and steadfast love they may honor and keep the promises and vows they make; through Jesus Christ our Savior, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

(Book of Common Prayer)
A song for Patrick and Marlet.



Leonard Cohen's great song "Dance Me to the End of Love" by The Civil Wars, a new musical duo I've recently discovered, whom I enjoy very much.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks, Len. We're happy for them. We're supplying the wonderful champagne, Taittinger, that my friend Dennis, the former wine-seller, recommended for our 50th wedding anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to them, happiness and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mazel Tov! All love, happiness and blessings to the couple! Mwah! [And special congrats to the mother-of-the-groom: you raised a son to "put a ring on it", Mimi. Yay, you!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JCF, I blush. I hope Patrick and Marlet will be very happy. They've both had their share of struggles; they know each other well; all should be well.

      Delete
  4. I hope the wedding is as festive as the one in Steel Magnolias. All good wishes to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russ, thank you. The wedding was lovely and festive. The cool-with-sunshine weather was perfect for an outdoor celebration.

      Delete
  5. I am a day late commenting so I do hope that all went well! Congrats, best wishes and blessings to the couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whiteycat, as I've said, the wedding was beautiful, and the celebration was great fun. Alas, the champagne ran out before everyone had their fill. Our faux pas, but there was enough of the other choices of drinks to keep the crowd happy.

      Delete
    2. "Alas, the champagne ran out before everyone had their fill."

      Where is Jesus when you need him? ;-/

      I'm sure everybody had a Bon Temp, regardless.

      Delete
    3. I wanted to cry out, "Jesus do you make champagne?" but I thought I would be presuming too much.

      Delete
  6. PS: I will pass on the blessings and good wishes to the bride and groom.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.