Saturday, July 27, 2013

THE CIVIL WARS - "I WANT YOU BACK"



The Civil Wars have been performing together for a few years, but I only discovered them a couple of months ago, when my favorite economist posted a video of the pair performing.  Their marvelous voices, harmonies, and chemistry are amazing.  The chemistry is so great that I thought the two were a couple in real life, but both Joy and John Paul are married to other people.  Joy says the chemistry is all about the music.

As soon as possible, I ordered their album titled "Barton Hollow", which I love.  Then, a few weeks ago, I read that the two ended a European tour prematurely and are on indefinite hiatus due to irreconcilable differences.  I'm so sorry, because Joy and John Paul make beautiful music together.  Despite their differences, they completed a new album titled "The Civil Wars", which I have pre-ordered. The picture on the new album sleeve bespeaks trouble, but I hope the two can make up their differences, and this collection will not be their last.  As the song says, "I Want You Back."

In 2011, The Civil Wars performed in New Orleans at One Eyed Jacks in the French Quarter.  How I wish I'd known of them of them at the time so I could have attended a live performance.  The concert was filmed, so, if you like their music, you can watch and listen to an hour-long performance by John Paul and Joy on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.