Sunday, September 22, 2013

FAMILY GATHERING - SEPTEMBER 2013


In the month of September, we celebrate four birthdays (Patrick, Alison, Joey, and me) and one anniversary (Tom and me).  We try to gather the family together each year for the celebration.



As the grandchildren grow older, it's not easy to have everyone together at the same time.  We're missing two grandsons because they were out of town.
We had dinner at Café Milano in Houma, Louisiana, and I believe we all agreed the food was excellent.  My daughter kindly let me taste her delicious appetizer that included rolled crepes stuffed with goat cheese - food for the gods.
A Facebook friend suggested the restaurant would do well to check the silver as we looked like a shady bunch.  I was thinking a motley crew, but my friend said she never liked that band, so shady bunch we are, not to be confused with The Brady Bunch.

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, happy anniversary, and happy family gathering! You are a good-looking shady bunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prairie Soul, thank you. We passed us a good time, as they say in Cajun land.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm,

    I see why you might want to avoid them by occasionally come to England. And that said, when will you see your next itinerary? Some of your loyal acolytes here will crave an indulgence and seek a chance to have a moments audience, perhaps even just to line the street and wave a Louisiana flag.

    Pray have mercy on us, Charlie Farns-Barns.

    PS Is Grand-dad coming? I'm sure he won't want to see yet another gothic cathedral, so we might be able to sort out a few boats for him to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie, I'll be on my own in England next month, but I have many friends there. My friend Cathy and I will drive through Cornwall, and fly off to Copenhagen for a few days, and I will visit the home of friends for another couple of days.

      I see you can now leave comments. :-)

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.