Saturday, December 28, 2013

ALL ABOUT ME

My Facebook friend Chris Fewings dashes off poetry the way the rest of us breathe, and he wrote the bit of verse about me when I used the Louisiana French term "lagniappe", which means a little extra, something like a baker's dozen. I think the poem is so lovely and funny that I wanted to share. Besides, it's all about me! What's not to like?
She's the sunshine in the twilight
The little extra in Louisiana
The slug of something stronger
Slipped into my champagne.
She's the sparkle in the bubbly
Her hubby's evening star.
She's the toast of all on Facebook.
She's the rainbow in the rain.

Chris Fewings 23-12-13
Chris writes very fine serious poetry, which may be found at the link above.  I especially like "Open Your Hand".

On his "About" page, Chris says, "Influences on my poetry include R S Thomas and George Herbert, among many others. (I hope that sounds impressive.) My tastes have become more catholic with age, so I now delight in light verse almost as much as in “difficult” poetry."  Perhaps he delighted a bit in the light verse about me.  I know I did.

7 comments:

  1. Very charming - I like "the rainbow in the rain" especially.

    Note: I tried to look at the poem you linked to, twice, but Blogger says I don't have authorization to view that page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russ, I'm sorry you can't see Chris' poetry. Maybe the site is just by invitation. I'll ask him.

      Delete
    2. Russ, I was able to access Chris Fewings' site from my husband's phone, so I can't think why you wouldn't be able to.

      Delete
  2. About you, as it should be since you insist on indulging in irony (a pre-requisite for being muse amongst the riffraff of the ether aka the w-w-w-set) and posting poetry hither and thither ... we smile, chere Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marthe, I smiled with delight at my early Christmas gift from Chris.

      Delete
  3. nice...very, very nice...always sunshine, always streaming down on us. Len

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.