Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Katrina Anniversary

As many of you know, I grew up in New Orleans. I loved growing up there, and I loved living there. I moved away well over 40 years ago, and I have never lived there again. I have missed New Orleans during all those years.

Last weekend I went there to attend the Rising Tide Bloggers Conference 2, which I promised to write about. However, I have what real writers would call writer's block, and I have not yet been able to write.

Tomorrow is the two-year anniversary of Katrina, and I find that I can't write about that either. Although we evacuated, my family and I came through the storm with only minor damage here in our town, a few tree limbs down, and no power for a few days.

It's what happened to New Orleans that I can't write about.

Tomorrow I'll put up once again the post that means the most to me of all those I've written since I began the blog in January of this year.

7 comments:

  1. I understand. It's hard to write about the things that still choke us up, making even breathing an accomplishment. I'll look forward to reading tomorrow's post.

    (((GM)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anguish is all that comes to me. Stories of the bungling recovery - and corruption by many are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chère Grandmère, Having just finished Brinkley's The Great Deluge two nights ago, I can say I only have a vague sense of the horrors of that time. I will hold you and everyone affected by Katrina in my prayers as I walk the old granite mountains of NH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, Mimi, prayers with you. I still cannot imagine...what it is/was like...

    there must be so much grief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bungled contracts, shoddy work, work never done, but paid for - the list is long of messes involved in the reconstruction. You can see the same incompetence at work as in Iraq.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.