Thursday, March 20, 2008

Maundy Thursday


"The Sacrament of the Last Supper" by Salvador Dalí.

Readings:

AM Psalm 102; PM Psalm 142, 143
Lam. 2:10-18; 1 Cor. 10:14-17, 11:27-32; Mark 14:12-25

PRAYER

Almighty Father, whose dear Son, on the night before he suffered, instituted the Sacrament of his Body and Blood: Mercifully grant that we may receive it thankfully in remembrance of Jesus Christ our Lord, who in these holy mysteries gives us a pledge of eternal life; and who now lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

The Last Supper

Come, my friends, it's Passover night.
Find the room; prepare the table.
Buy the bread; get the wine.
One of you will betray me.

Take and eat. This is my body,
Given for you.
Drink the cup, my blood shed for you
And many.

We'll not eat together again
Till kingdom come.
Sing with me now, for you'll run
When they take me.

"Oh, no, Lord, not I!"
Peter, my friend, you will,
And deny me, too.

June Butler - 3/12/08

6 comments:

  1. Well done, Grandmère Mimi.

    I love that painting, too. Dali's not really my thang, but sometimes he's pretty astonishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, my friends. I'll have another Dalí tomorrow. I like some of his religious painting quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.