Monday, July 6, 2009

A Theme Song For Our Meet-Up In Anaheim?


The Friends of Jake Song

♫ From the tables down at Louie's,
To the place where Disney dwells,
And the dear, old Hilton Bar we love so well,
Sing the Friends of Jake assembled,
With their glasses raised on high!
And the magic of their singing, casts a spell.

Yes the magic of their singing,
Of the songs we love so well:
"The Strife Is O'er" and "Come, Ye Faithful" and the rest!
We will serenade our Louie,
Till health and voices fail,
And we'll pass and be forgotten with the rest.

We are poor little lambs
Who have lost our way,
Baa! Baa! Baa!
We are little, black sheep
Who have gone astray!
Baa! Baa! Baa!

Saints and sinners, off on a spree,
Saved from here to eternity.
Lord! Have mercy on such as we,
Baa! Baa! Baa! ♫


(To the tune of "The Whiffenpoof Song")

8 comments:

  1. From you, IT? High praise, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Mimi! Wish I was goin' even if I don't know them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ciss and Susan. I didn't have to change a whole lot. The hardest part was the hymns. I wanted them to scan and also have a little meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still pouting...I'm just doing it from North America this time...how I miss all of you...isn't it odd, I've always noticed that online friends are as agreeable, or not, as they seem to be when in person...in the real! I send you all my best! BTW, I love G. Mimi's new photoshot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will raise a glass with you all wherever I am although it's likely to be 8 hours off schedule. Love the take off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leo, I wish you could come. No way?

    Amelia, I know you can't come, but I wish you could be there. We'll be drinking at different times, but no matter. The toasts will still count.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.