Saturday, November 9, 2013

AROUND THE MEADOW AT CHRIST CHURCH COLLEGE, OXFORD


My friend Richard and I walked the path around the meadow at Christ Church while I was in Oxford.


The buildings of the college are far in the distance.


As sunset approached, but before Mr Sun disappeared over the horizon, he gave us the wonderful display of color against the dark clouds.


The different appearance of the sky in the various pictures makes it hard even for me to believe that the photos were taken on the same walk.  In the center and to the right, the small brown speck is a deer.


A drainage canal beside the path around the meadow, which Richard said is, "...vitally needed because the land is immensely soggy, and otherwise the cows' hooves would rot....  It's a very damp place, Oxford."

9 comments:

  1. Oh, these pictures are just lovely. Thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have real TALENT, Mimi! Fantastic pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all. Where there is lovely scenery as on the path around the meadow, it's easy to take good photos. The walk was one of my favorite activities while I was in Oxford, and Richard, who is a Christ Church graduate, was an excellent guide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'v done that walk several times. It's one of the most beautiful views in Oxford, in my opinion. It was lovely to be reminded on it, Mimi - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done that walk a couple of times - it was one if my favourites in Oxford too. Nice to be reminded of it - thanks, Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim, if you've done the walk, you know how lovely it is. I was smitten.

      Delete
  6. Sorry about the two comments. Normally I see something about my comment awaiting moderation, but for some reason this time I didn't, so thought I'd entered it wrongly or something. I waited a few hours to see if it would come up, then sent it again. Obviously I needn't have worried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vagaries of Blogger. The two comments were somewhat different, so I moderated them both through.

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.