Thursday, March 13, 2008

For Jane R - Who Wants A Joke

From Doug again. This one is a bit naughty:

Into a Belfast pub comes Paddy Murphy, looking like he'd just been run over by a train. His arm is in a sling, his nose is broken, his face is cut, and bruised, and he's walking with a limp.

"What happened to you?" asks Sean, the bartender.

"Jamie O'Conner and me had a fight," says Paddy.

"That little O'Conner," says Sean, "He couldn't do that to you, he must have had something in his hand."

"That he did," says Paddy, "a shovel is what he had, and a terrible lickin' he gave me with it."

"Well," says Sean, "you should have defended yourself. Didn't you have something in your hand?"

That I did," said Paddy, "Mrs. O'Conner's breast, and a thing of beauty it was; but useless in a fight."

13 comments:

  1. Words fail me, Grandmere! I was about to write a local review, but now I am chortling too much - it can wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good one, all right. Doug gets the glory for finding these. I don't think he makes them up, but he always chooses the very best to send to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I get to see her again, I'm sure my Granny and I will laugh our asses off swapping stories like this.

    Thanks so much, dear Mimi, for helping a little with the wait!

    A lovely thing indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any time, Johnieb, any time, until you and your Granny meet again. I hope my grandchildren have such fond memories of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice that I have started today with a smile. Thanks Grandmere (and Doug)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirstin, thanks, love.

    DP, I don't believe the good pastor would like this one, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. David, I must ask. Are you certain about your salvation?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am I certain ?! Who's the one who told this naughty joke ?

    And you a Grandmère... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.