Friday, March 28, 2008

More Prayers, Please

Blogger Kate Morningstar said...

My Dad's in hospital as of yesterday. I thought it would be a very short stay, and he'd die in the next few days. But there's something they can do that will make him more comfortable and able to breathe, without fixing the problem. They're saying, after they've done it, they're planning to send him home early next week. It will still be soon.

Dad's illness is a logical consequence of what he's done in his life. I believe that in the next phase of his existence, whatever that is, he will be offered healing he wouldn't or couldn't take in this phase. And that at some point, he'll be able to move into that healing.

A big part of the problem is -- he is completely unwilling to accept the possibility that there is a Source of All Healing and Help, or a next phase of existence.

I made his favourite kind of cookies this morning, and I'm going now to deliver them to the hospital. We do what we can.


Kate, you did good with the cookies. Prayers for your dad that he finds healing, comfort, consolation, and the peace that passes understanding, and that he finds hope in the Source of all hope. Prayers for you and your family, too, that the love of God surround you all.

7 comments:

  1. Added to our prayers. Thanks, GM.

    (((((Kate and her father & family))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us know about Kate and her family, esp. her dad. Yes, Paul, prayers. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((((Kate and Dad))))

    Sending love, light, prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Mimi. I came home, didn't know what to do with myself, so I decided to check in on the blogging world, and came to you first. I saw the post and started to cry. Fiercely. Thank you so much.

    And thank you to the rest of you. My father's name is Keith. I will post something on the Morningstar Chronicles tomorrow or Sunday -- don't know about timing yet. God bless you, all of you. I felt very much home alone earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers Kate, for you and your Dad....

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.