Sunday, November 23, 2008

Why Some Men Have Dogs And Not Wives


1. The later you are, the more excited your dogs are to see you.

2. Dogs don't notice if you call them by another dog's name.

3. Dogs like it if you leave a lot of things on the floor.

4. A dog's parents never visit.

5. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.

6. You never have to wait for a dog; they're ready to go 24 hours a day.

7. Dogs find you amusing when you're drunk.


8. Dogs like to go hunting and fishing.

9. A dog will not wake you up at night to ask, "If I died, would you get another dog?"

10. If a dog has babies, you can put an ad in the paper and give them away.

11. A dog will let you put a studded collar on it without calling you a pervert.

12. If a dog smells another dog on you, they don't get mad. They just think it's interesting.

13. Dogs like to ride in the back of a pickup truck.

And last, but not least:

14. If a dog leaves, it won't take half of your Stuff!




Don't blame me. Blame the Weird Rabbit.

9 comments:

  1. Hilarious.

    Perhaps the title should be reversed to "Why Some Women Should Have Dogs and not Husbands"?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Donald. The ol' switcheroo is always a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious and I too am with Donald!

    Although Mr. He Is found this very amusing as I read it aloud to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All right, peeps. I could go in all sorts of creative directions with this one, but remember: copy and paste is easy. Plus, I get to blame it on Lapin.

    Aren't the doggies cute? I have a bunch more cute dog pictures for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But can anyone explain the mere existence of a Missus MadPriest?

    Does.Not.Compute!

    ;-p

    [Doggies are ALWAYS very cute, Mimi. Especially Labradors. :-)]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why women should have cats instead of husbands. They're easily house trained and clean, efficient pest exterminators, Delilah doesn't shout at me or hit me, she gives me unconditional love and is always waiting for me when I come home, she's easy to look after and easy to please, she follows me everywhere, loves only me and all she ever really wants is cuddles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JCF, I'm afraid I can't answer the question about MP's missus.

    Steph, good thoughts about cats, especially Delilah. They're not all that affectionate though. We've had a few that were rather aloof.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah but Delilah has always had my undivided attention and she travels everywhere I go. She travelled to England and back to NZ and she and I are due to go back to the UK in April... she is exceptionally special though. A little bit like a puppy following me like a shadow - she even licks me (or is she washing my filthy self?) She's dark tortoiseshell and I chose her from a litter rescued by the SPCA. It took me months to choose between the different kittens but when I went one day and saw Delilah, she crawled up the sides of the cage like a monkey and looked at me with her beautiful big green eyes ... and the rest is history!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lao-Hu Taitai:

    Why do some Men have Dogs instead of Wives?

    Dogs bark.

    Wives nag.

    Simmple! Some Men prefer barking to nagging. Some men put up with both.

    A Woman's Idea about a Man's Day Off is a lot of Honey-Do Chores.

    Only the Bachelors are Free!

    Dong Fong-Hong

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.