Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's Still Christmas - Day 10

 

Sing to God, O kingdoms of the earth;
sing praises to the Lord,
Selah
O rider in the heavens, the ancient heavens;
listen, he sends out his voice, his mighty voice.
Ascribe power to God,
whose majesty is over Israel;
and whose power is in the skies.
Awesome is God in his sanctuary,
the God of Israel;
he gives power and strength to his people.


Psalm 68:32-35

The small tree above is another product of my mother's ceramics class. We've had it since my children were young. Children want to play with it, but, unfortunately, it is not a toy. I have a few decorations that kids can play with, such as a pair of Christmas bunny rabbits. Yes, you read that right, Christmas bunnies, a male and a female, decked out in their velvet Christmas clothes. Thank goodness they're not breeding bunnies.

5 comments:

  1. My mother has a tree like that, except without the "snow" on it.

    I have one more like yours, but with red lights exclusively (my mother's has the multi-colored "flames," like yours).

    I bought mine years ago at some craft fair or other, largely because of the one I remembered from home. I was at my parents' for Xmas, and the little ceramic tree was still out. Like everything at my parents', it looks much smaller than I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taciturn and I have a tree very much like that, which was a gift ten years ago from his step sister. We love that tree. I enjoy the ease of set up. And it reminds us of family love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trees made from the mold are common. The decorations introduce variety.

    Everything looks larger from a child's viewpoint. The church that I attended as a child seemed like a cathedral at the time, but when I went back after many years, when I was grown, I saw that it was not large at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have one that Tom's mother made. It lacks the star on top. I haven't had it out for years. Next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, I took the tree out just to take the picture. This year, I didn't put all my Christmas kitsch on display.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.