Saturday, January 31, 2009

Meet Crapaud

I'd like to introduce y'all to a new Louisiana blogger, Crapaud. Now how Louisiana is that name? His recent post on the new "Man of Steele" chairman of the Republican Party, Lawn Jockey Alert, is wise and funny. He can say stuff He quotes The Field Negro, who says stuff that I can't say, because I'm the wrong color, and it would not be PC. The title of his new blog is Times a'Changin'. Check it out.

UPDATE: I figured Crapaud all wrong, but I corrected the post as well as I could, while still showing that I made a big faux pas. All I had to do to get it right was to read Crapaud's post with a little more care. Let me say that I was proud to have what I thought was my first known black fan. But, hey! I should know that I'm not that cool. Crapaud, that don't mean that I don't like you, too, because I do. I have an idea. In solidarity with our new president, how 'bout we say, "We are all black now!"?

And you should read The Field Negro, too. He's a force!

UPDATE: Crapaud has apologized beautifully for MY mistake in misreading his post. That's Louisiana gallantry at its best. In addition, he provides us with the response of our own Louisiana man, David Duke, to the election of Michael Steele as chairman of the Republican National Committee, true pearls of wisdom from our very own Klansman.

But, Crapaud, surely you're too harsh on yourself.

7 comments:

  1. Grandmère Mimi:

    I'm sorry to disappoint, but I look a lot more like Grandpère than Frederick Douglass. But, as you can probably tell from my new blog, I believe the modern day Frederick Douglass' have a great deal valid to say about oppression. Now The Field Negro, from whom I linked most of this post, well, I'm convinced he is a proud black man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crapaud, my illusions destroyed! I managed to get up from falling flat on my face, but I'm battered and bruised.

    I'm sorry to disappoint, but I look a lot more like Grandpère than Frederick Douglass.

    Are you bald, too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right, Mimi, feed their egos. Doxy been giving you lessons?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crapaud est chauvre comme un melon, et un tas plus douce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lapin, Crapaud said that he looks like Grandpère. That's why I asked. I thought he may have seen one of the pictures that I posted.

    Crapaud to the rescue! See, Lapin. I didn't insult him. He's sweet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chère Mi-mi:

    I've issued an apology "of sorts" on my blog today for my original post about Michael Steele. See
    http://timeschangin.blogspot.com/2009/02/stop-presses-crapaud-apologizes.html?showComment=1233500220000#c5112274899073674474

    Je vous souhaitez un dimanche sans souci.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crapaud, c'est vraiment un chef d'oeuvre d'une apologie, mais ce n'est pas necessaire. All I had to do was read your post.

    Now, I'll need to link in an update to your lovely apology and the masterful quote from "Pearls of Wisdom" by our Louisiana man, David Duke.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.