Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Please Pray For Lance

I had an accident with my table saw Monday evening. Spent night in hospital and had surgery 1st thing Tuesday morning to repair left hand. I have cuts on 4 of 5 fingers. repaired severe damage to middle finger. I have a pin in middle finger. This shit hurts------------- My left arm is in a cast--cannot type...

Lance, who lives in a town nearby, found me through my blog. We haven't met yet, but we will. I've seen pictures of him, his lovely wife, and his two beautiful children. I just talked to him on the phone. His middle finger was hanging after the accident, but the doctors put it back together, and the blood flow is good. They say his fingers will be fine. Good thing. We all need the functioning middle finger for those special times when nothing but sign language works.

UPDATE FROM LANCE: I just read the comments your friends wrote of me. Thank you and please thank them. Seems like a nice fan base you have.

You are quite a nice fan base, my friends. Thank you.

18 comments:

  1. oh my --- so sorry about this. Prayers for quick healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used those things for years and they STILL scare the crap out of me. Prayers for healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Folks, you are fast. I hit "Publish" by mistake before I was finished writing the post. It's poor Lance who has the cut fingers, not me. I wouldn't go near a table saw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, OK.

    Crazy Ass had me worried!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Power saws scare the hell out of me. I will use a hand saw before I use any power saw.

    Prayers for Lance and I hope he will soon be able to make that "wrong half of a peace sign" to all who deserve it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, what Counterlight said on all counts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for Lance and for his family. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Owww......he's lucky they were able to put it back together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And for a host of other things, most of which we won't ever know about, unless we damage our fingers...

    Prayers and Hope for Lance and his family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ack. I've been without use of my hands for short periods of time and it is not fun!

    Prayers for Lance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. While I know you are quite capable, I somehow couldn't picture you cutting yourself with a table saw. Glad to know that was the truth. Prayers ascending

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prayers for Lance too! Even the most experienced user of power tools can have a mishap.

    - Janis aka Juanuchis

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad it wasn't you. Sorry it was Lance. Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Prayers for Lance. My dad lost a finger and half of his thumb. May Lance heal well and thoroughly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is terrible, and Lance has my prayers.

    My father cut his hand horribly in a band-saw - almost cut through the third finger and pinky - and they restored full use of the hand quite efficiently. That was some 30 years ago or so, so I'm sure Lance will be just fine.

    At the same time, I appreciate the frustration of not being able to use your middle finger in these troubled times.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.