Friday, October 30, 2009

My Friday Shuffle



Padre Mickey does it. Why can't I? The tunes below are from my popular music files. (El Padre didn't do the shuffle today. Sometimes he misses, but he's now in the process of purchasing and setting up his new Macmini)

My Love Is A Guarantee - Toussaint McCall

Work With Me Annie - Hank Ballard & the Midnighters

The Nightingale - Cyril Tawney

Day Dream - Allen Touissaint

Here I'll Stay - Karen Akers

Glow Worm - The Mills Brothers

You Win Again - Hank Williams

Bold Riley - Kate Rusby

Tell Her to Come Back Home - Crooked Still

I'll Fly Away - Alison Krauss & Gillian Welch

Blueberry Hill - Fats Domino

A Rose In April - Kate Rusby

Bright Mississippi - Allen Touissaint

Paper Doll - The Mills Brothers

S'Wonderful - Diana Krall

9 comments:

  1. It was fun to see the clip from O Brother.... Love the song. Also love the Mills Brothers. Nice selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I pulled up the "O Death" clip from O Brother as part of my playing around with my All Saints sermon!

    Good selections Grandmere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the O Brother movie, and I loved the sound track.

    My father played the Mills Brothers on the old Victrola way back when, and I always liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I agree on more than a few choices, but I especially love the Mills Brothers! In fact almost anything by them was and is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciss, how nice that we agree. You're right about the Mills Brothers. Just about anything and everything they recorded was great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for filling in for me! Now I wanna see this every Friday, as you have an interesting collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every Friday? I dunno, Padre. I'll have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for reminding me. I couldn't do my Friday shuffle yesterday. Guess it will be Sunday shuffle tomorrow.

    I love the Mills Brothers. Found a Music of Your Life radio station for awhile today. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunday shuffle sounds like the title of a Mills Brothers tune, Piskie.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.