Saturday, January 30, 2010

AND TOMORROW IN NEW ORLEANS...


Cammy Lynn Hebert

From the New York Daily News:

Bobby Hebert will be the best-dressed man on Bourbon Street tomorrow.

The former Saints quarterback will be in a black and gold sequined dress, custom-designed and sent to him from New York by his daughter, Cammy Lynn, who describes it as "very Who-Dat-esque."

Lady Gaga, eat your heart out.

Hebert is picking up the promise made by the late New Orleans sportscaster Buddy Diliberto to parade down Bourbon Street in a dress should the Saints reach the Super Bowl. Diliberto, a Big Easy icon, died five years ago. Hebert has hosted Buddy D's radio show since his death.

Tomorrow, Hebert won't be alone on Bourbon Street. He will be joined by "thousands" of other men in drag as they sashay from the Superdome to the French Quarter.

"This parade has gotten totally out of control," Hebert said. "We had men calling the station and wanting to form a club to march in all these Mardi Gras parades. I said, 'Wait a minute, I just said I would do this one time.' I'm not going to go to monthly meetings. I'm sure you will see a few characters. Some of these guys probably dress like this every day. It's a way of life for them.

"My daughter who is in New York in the fashion industry, she made me a dress. It's black and gold sequins, all of that."

Actually, it's all of Dat.

The picture above shows Bobby's daughter, Cammy, in her black and gold sequined dress. I'll do my best to post a picture of Bobby in his black and gold sequined dress, if the NFL doesn't issue him a "cease and desist" order.

And doncha know that every parade and party in NOLA risks getting totally out of control?

Note to Bobby: You, too, are a character, cher.

Thanks to Doug for the link.

7 comments:

  1. When I started reading this story I thought for a moment the picture must be of Bobby. I thought, "Blimey, he looks good in that dress. He should wear frocks more often."

    Shame it's not him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, I put a caption under Cammy's picture. Perhaps I should have let it be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now understand Ormonde's comment above. I'm not sure if I think Grandpere should wear yellow and black sequins or leather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Grandmere Mimi - it is nice to know it's Cammy, but it's fun to assume it's Bobby, so, either way works, if you ask me!

    Anyway, I look forward to the pic (or description) of Bobby in his glam frock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amelia, you can't let grass grow under your feet here. Ya gotta keep up even when folks post comments in the wrong place.

    I know that GP would die of embarrassment if he knew what we were saying about him. But he never reads my blog, unless I drag him in to read.

    Well, Cathy, then I'll have to deliver, won't I?

    ReplyDelete
  6.      Only in New Orleans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mimi, don't at all feel under pressure to deliver, but, a pic of a burly bloke in a gold lame dress, the world needs more of these, that's all I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.