Saturday, July 24, 2010

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST

From Margaret at Leave It Lay....

LATER UPDATE FROM MARGARET:

Thank you all so very much for you prayers. Joel continues in stable but guarded condition in the ICU. They've brought out the big guns on the MG stuff. He is speaking--which is good. They are doing a scan of his chest later this evening. I'm okay --tired but unanxious... really. All shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

UPDATE:

Joel is in respitory ICU. Nearly lost him overnight.... he is in stable but guarded condition.

I am okay.... numb --which I consider a mercy. Doing what comes next. I am grateful for your prayers.
--m

___________________

Joel is in the hospital. He had an acute onset of his myasthenia gravis... he couldn't breathe, swallow--kept choking.

Please keep him in your prayers.

"Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve your sick servant Joel, and give your power of healing to those who minister to his needs, that he may be strengthened in his weakness and have confidence in your loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

(Book of Common Prayer, p. 459)

O God of all comfort and strength, be powerfully present to our dear sister Margaret, as she watches and waits at Joel's side. Uphold her by your Spirit during this time of trouble and distress, and enfold her in your healing love. We pray in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ, who lives forever. Amen

5 comments:

  1. Dear God, be with your servants Margaret and Joel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what Susan said. Prayers from me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christ be with me, Christ within me,
    Christ behind me, Christ before me,
    Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
    Christ to comfort and restore me.
    Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
    Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,
    Christ in hearts of all that love me,
    Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Margaret & Joel,In this time of confusion and pain, it's hard to pray or to hope. Speaking of the unknown and his effort to please and trust God, Thomas Merton wrote:
    "And I know that if I do this,
    You will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it.
    Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.

    Many prayers as we try to walk with you, dear Margaret & Joel.

    Nij

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.