Tuesday, November 23, 2010

PLEASE PRAY FOR ZOE



From my brother-in-law:

Once again I'm asking for prayers for Zoe. She most likely has a tumor in the nasal/brain cavity - and has been on 3 different meds - all to no avail. Looks like it has now generated a neurological problem - she stumbles and falls - or her back legs give way and she immediately drops to the ground. Don't know how much longer - going back to vet this am for her observation.

Frank

Blessed are you, Lord God, maker of all living creatures. You called forth fish in the sea, birds in the air and animals on the land. You inspired St. Francis to call all of them his brothers and sisters. We ask you to bless Zoe. By the power of your love, enable her to live according to your plan. May we always praise you for all your beauty in creation. Blessed are you, Lord our God, in all your creatures! Amen. --Franciscan prayer

4 comments:

  1. So sorry for your brother-in-law and Zoe. It's a very difficult time as one's companion pets deteriorate and I guess he & she have been together for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! I had to correct the spelling of Zoe's name. I often add the y to the end.

    Lapin, Zoe has been around for a long time, and she was more my sister's dog in the beginning, so, in addition to being Frank's beloved companion now, she is also a connection to my sister Gayle, who passed away a few years ago. She will be greatly missed whenever her time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Zoe. :-(

    There's a little Corgi two doors down from me (at my dad's place), Mickey (a rescue, he sort of shy towards me at first, but now happily bound up to me on his stumpy legs!)

    Prayers ascending for Zoe and her pack (inc. you, Mimi).

    ReplyDelete
  4. JCF, I've heard that Zoe has her snappy moments, but she was always nice to me. Thanks for your prayers for Zoe and the pack, inc. me.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.