Thursday, December 2, 2010

HAPPY HANUKKAH - "OCHO KANDELAS"



We invite parents into the classroom to tell about family celebrations. Last year a parent taught us the "Ocho Kandelas" song, which is a Hanukkah song in Ladino, a Sephardic language that sounds like Spanish and Hebrew with a little Arabic in there as well. The native Spanish speakers in my class were pretty excited to get the idea of the song, even if the words weren't exactly the same as in Spanish. The video is us learning and practicing the song with the lyrics on the ActivBoard. We say "Kandelikas" a lot, it's pretty fun.

From k1classroom at YouTube

Last year, I stole the video from my friend Paul the BB. This year I repeat myself, because I like the video quite a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.