Saturday, December 25, 2010

PLEASE PRAY FOR LAWRENCE AND DORA

Dear Mimi,
After a few moments of hope, my dad Lawrence, collapsed again and was rushed to hospital. The doctor said his pressure is good but now the problem is that his veins are now so conscripted and they is nothing that can be done for him except to make him comfortable. I am in London and trying to find flights to Zimbabwe from London to Zimbabwe and it is proving difficult. Please pray that I can get flights in time to see my dad alive and alert. And also that he remains comfortable. I have not completely recovered from my mother's death in 2004 who died as I left my house for the airport. I want to see my dad alive but only if waiting form is not prolonging pain. Thanks for the prayers.
Dora (Rudo)

PS. Got tickets and it seems my dad is already giving his final will and testament. My flight is for 30th and I hope he can wait for us to get there

Lawrence, may God the Father bless you, God the Son heal you, God the Holy Spirit give you strength. May God the holy and undivided Trinity guard your body, save your soul, and bring you safely to his heavenly country; where he lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.

(Book of Common Prayer)

O God, our heavenly Father, whose glory fills the whole creation, and whose presence we find wherever we go: Preserve those who travel, especially Dora; surround her with your loving care; protect her from every danger; and bring her in safety to her journey’s end; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

(Book of Common Prayer)

Dora, may the God of all grace fill your heart and mind with the peace that passes understanding as you await the journey to be with your father, Lawrence.

UPDATE: From Dora (Rudo):

Thanks for the prayers and the words. I am not at all discouraged. It is good to know that there is a community praying for my dad and my family. The waiting is a bit tough. I have seen and talked to him on skype and he seems comfortable. I hope whatever happens I will be able to accept.

Thanks for checking in, Dora. We will continue our prayers for your father and for you and your brother to get to Zimbabwe in time.

8 comments:

  1. Prayers for the journey. My parents died when we were out of the room -- sometimes they seem to want to be alone at that time. Hope you make it but know that he knows your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, hear our prayer...

    [And Wot Ann Said. I think many times, people depart mortal life when loved ones aren't physically present. I think it's because they are trying (I know this belief of mine isn't rational!) to make it easier on their survivors (no "DNR" anxieties), not because they feel abandoned. My mom passed about a half hour after I'd given up the vigil for the night---]

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother died when the nurses were washing her and my sister and I were in the next room. We feel sure she knew that would be better for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On her last day, I was with my mother in the hospital from very early in the morning when I was called to the ER. In the afternoon, I left to run home, about 5 minutes away, to take a shower, and before I got home the call came in that my mother had passed away. I felt awful about leaving, but the doctor and the nurse both told me that, so often, at the end, the dying go when the family steps out of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope we haven't discouraged Dora here in the thread. I pray she makes it to Zimbabwe in time to see her father.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope not either -- and pray she gets there in time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the prayers and the words. I am not at all discouraged. It is good to know that there is a community praying for my dad and my family. The waiting is a bit tough. I have seen and talked to him on skype and he seems comfortable. I hope whatever happens I will be able to accept.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.