Wednesday, December 15, 2010

PLEASE PRAY...

UPDATE ON AILEEN"

Today, 9:30 a.m.---Yesterday was a great day. Aileen followed the doc with her eyes, blinked on command and moved her right arm up and then back down again upon being asked. Her blood labs looked good, and yesterday's CAT scan came back with good news. The hemorrhage on the left side is beginning to resolve itself and the pressure is going down. However, kidney and liver lab numbers are not so good today and she spiked a temp overnight. Please continue prayers.---Her husband, Mike

From Ann.


From Brian R.:

My sister is to undergo Arthroscopic Knee Surgery tomorrow (Thursday) for a torn cartilege. While it is not serious surgery, I am worried about any general anaesthetic for a person in her mid 70's. She has been in a lot of pain over the last month so hopefully all will be well by Christmas.

For Counterlight (Doug):

It's been a rough month. As always in December, I'm very busy and ill at the same time. This year, I've been going through a royal succession of flu, colds, and respiratory infections that have left me miserable but functional at best, and completely bed-ridden at worst. On top of all that, on Saturday, the boiler in our building blew, and so it's 25F outside and there's no heat. I'm sitting in front of a space heater grading papers during the day, and shivering under blankets on the couch at night so that Michael at least can get some sleep without getting sick. We went through Sunday with no water as the old boiler was torn out. I canceled one of my classes this week because of illness, and I sent an email blast to students in another that I might not have their papers graded by exam time (it looks like I will after all).

And then there are so many people for whom things are so much harder.

I made a trip to the emergency room at Beth Israel in Manhattan last night that, fortunately, turned out to be unnecessary. Another respiratory infection that gives me a nasty rasping choking cough replaced my flu, and it was starting to set my asthma off, so Michael took me to the hospital.

Please read Counterlight's entire post to see what the emergency room visit was like. Congress critters who are against national health care should be required to spend time in emergency rooms.

Almighty God our heavenly Father, graciously comfort your servant, Brian's sister, in her suffering, and bless the means made use of for her cure. Fill her heart with confidence that, though at times she may be afraid, she yet may put her trust in you; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

O God, the strength of the weak and the comfort of sufferers: Mercifully accept our prayers, and grant to your servant Doug the help of your power, that his sickness may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


For those affected by the flooding in Panamá. See Padre Mickey's blog to learn more and find out how to help.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Grandmere.

    I'm now sitting in my nice warm office grading exam papers.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.