Sunday, February 27, 2011

PLEASE PRAY FOR DOUG (COUNTERLIGHT)

Tomorrow I go in for a kidney biopsy. It's strictly out-patient, so I will be spending the next 2 days at home recovering. "Frightened" is too strong a word (open heart surgery is frightening and this isn't even in the same ball park), but I am a little anxious about it, both the procedure and the results. The doctor is very optimistic that whatever ails my kidneys can be cured easily with medication.

My poor little organs have worked round the clock without a break for 53 years. Small wonder that they might get a little cranky.

I'll see y'all in a couple of days.

O God, the strength of the weak and the comfort of sufferers: Mercifully accept our prayers, and grant to your servant Doug the help of your power, that his sickness may be turned into health and our sorrow turned into joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Doug blogs at Counterlight's Peculiars.

6 comments:

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.