Wednesday, May 4, 2011

BLESSINGS AND CONGRATULATIONS, BRYAN


On Monday evening, my grandson Bryan, pictured above in the red gown, was one of the confirmandi at St Matthew the Apostle Church in River Ridge. He stands with his Dad, Mom, and two brothers, William on the left and Andrew on the right. Grandpère was his sponsor. The girls wore white gowns and the boys red. Both Bryan and GP played their parts well. The mass was lovely, with the choir at St Matthew's performing and leading the congregational singing beautifully. Roman Catholic Archbishop Gregory Aymond gave a sermon suitable for all ages. Altogether, it was a lovely evening.



Above is Bryan with his aged (OMG, how aged!) grandparents. At a certain point in one's life the picture-taking should stop, right?

I should mention here my mea culpa for having missed my oldest grandson's confirmation, much to my regret, due to a misunderstanding on my part that Grandpère, also Joey's sponsor, was going to a rehearsal instead of the real thing. I should also mention that miscommunication in my family is not all that unusual.

In the top picture, Bryan's eyes caught the light of the flash and were blank. I shopped in eyes as best I could, but the result is far from perfect. Sorry, Bryan.



Above is the picture my daughter took of Bryan in front of the Resurrection cross. I wish I had caught him in his wicked moment with his arms stretched out. Alas....

22 comments:

  1. Great pix-- you look super.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, thank you. You brought me up from the depths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice--good--Felicidades!

    Leonardo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leonardo, thanks. You see me in my dreary black, which even the leopard skin print does not relieve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi, you look damn good!!! So does your Tom.
    Congratulations to your grandson. He's a cutie, too. Face it, y'all are just a good lookin' fambly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful occasion. And if he has wicked moments I wonder where that comes from.

    Thanks for sharing, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, susan s., you made my day. Bryan est un beau jeane homme et, Grandpère est un bel homme d'un certain âge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paul, thanks. You never lose an opportunity to throw my wickedness in my face, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great day for your family. And you look smashing with the leopard-print trim.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Lindy. You're all very sweet and kind, and I know you mean what you say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. confirmandi

    Oh yes. I read all about them in a Dan Brown novel.
    Would you please ask your grandson where they have really put Mary Mag's body.

    ReplyDelete
  12. MadPriest, that was the word used in the service bulletin, and it made me smile, so, of course, I had to use it in my post.

    Bryan, the confirmand, says he don't know nuthin' 'bout no body.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If he is a member of the confirmandi there's every chance he'll end up as president of the United States.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unfortunately, I won't be at his inauguration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bryan est un beau jeane homme et, Grandpère est un bel homme d'un certain âge.

    Et Mimi est une belle femme! C'est une belle image de vous et grandpère, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mille mercis, mon amie, Cati.

    I'm guessing "Cati" works in both Spanish and French.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mimi,

    I expect regular updates on how you're corrupting your ENTIRE extended family into Wickedpalians. >;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. JCF, I have not converted even one member of my family into Wickedpalians. They are all still Wickedtolics.

    Well, unless you count Grandpère, who attends my church with me 3 or 4 times a year, but he has not officially joined.

    You're in my thoughts and prayers, luv. I've been where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks...but I trust you'll understand, Mimi, that I hope I'm not going where you went (in that one particular way!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh JCF, I'm sorry! I didn't make myself clear. I meant the waiting. I hope you're not going where I went with the other thing.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.