Monday, September 5, 2011

PLEASE PRAY FOR JOEL AND MARGARET

Joel is in the hospital in the cardiac ward, and he has other chronic and serious health issues. If you follow their story at Margaret's blog, Leave It Lay Where Jesus Flang It, Margaret lost her job; they are now trying to sell their house; and today is their 30th wedding anniversary. Margaret says:
And, I pray for my beloved --that his grief and frustration with his body do not overwhelm him, that he may be given a path to stability, and that he may bring to mind all the true blessings we share.
From the Book of Common Prayer for which I am so very grateful:
O God, the strength of the weak and the comfort of sufferers: Mercifully accept our prayers, and grant to your servant Joel the help of your power, that his sickness may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Let us pray for both Joel and for Margaret. The prayer that comes to mind is from Morning Prayer for individuals in the Book of Common Prayer.
Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
When my friends have trouble upon trouble come upon them, I'm all too often left without words. Such is the case now with Joel and Margaret, except to say that I will hold them in my heart and in my prayers.

9 comments:

  1. I kept thinking of Job as I read Margaret's post this morning. They are constantly in my prayers these days. Please, Godde, resolve one of their many issues! At least sell the house before they have to bury Joe upsidedown in the yard.

    wv = realie and I mean it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enough already!!!

    Thanks for the heads-up, Mimi. I saw your post before I saw Margaret's. I join my prayers with yours, PseudoPiskie's, and all those who love Margaret and Joel.

    Are you there, God? It's time for some good news for our friends. Get off your Holy Duff and Make. It. So. Please. Thanks ever so....

    Doxy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your prayers.

    Grandmere, --if this is too much --strike it --but Joel has always said my most honest and heartfelt prayer has been, Dear God. F.U. !!! I say that knowing God can take it --and love me for saying it. So, while everyone else says the polite prayers for me and Joel --I will continue in my most honest and heartfelt prayer --for a little while --at least. (smiling)

    Again, thank you for your prayers --I can feel 'em.

    wv: stnuresh --St. Nuresh --yeppa, only to be found at Grandmere's place. Any ol' time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. margaret, I'd never think of striking your comment, for I believe that God loves an honest prayer. And, as you say, God can take it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers from me too for Joel and Margaret, hopefully honest ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I join my prayers to all the others and know Margaret's prayer well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers ascending. Yo! God! You'l git your ear turned on?

    FWIW
    jimB

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.