Monday, December 19, 2011

CAPTION COMPETITION FROM THE BBC

This week it was US first lady Michelle Obama meeting Father Christmas at a children's hospital in Washington.

Thanks to all who entered. The prize of a small amount of kudos to the following:

6. Ade:
December 26: Santa declares "mission accomplished".

5. David Finch:
Look lady, I don't care who your husband is. There's too much security at your house for even me to deliver presents without anyone noticing.

4. cmaslen:
No, trust me Barack. It's a good career move. This is one change we can believe in.

3. Vicky S:
"Actually my husband is interested in setting up an Elf Service. Have you got any tips?"

2. Sean241160:
"No really, I'm serious. Newt Gingrich asked for all the Harry Potter books."

1. Lynn:
Michelle saw right through Bill Clinton's disguise and, no, she wasn't going to sit on his lap.
Yes, one of our own. I haven't worked out which caption I like best, yet.

Thanks to themethatisme for the link. I'm guessing this is my Christmas present and wondering why theme doesn't post on his blog more often.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Numero Uno!

    With the death of Kim Jung Il (RIP: I say that for ANYBODY who's died), I was reminded of Bill Clinton's "Mission to Pyong Yang" re the interned US (female!) journalists, and Jimmy Fallon's joke thereon.

    "Mr President, there's an important international mission we need you on!"

    BillC drawls "My schedule's all booked"

    "We need you to fly to a women's prison!"

    BillC "What time's my flight?"

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't make up my mind.

    JCF, you are so bad.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.