Saturday, October 6, 2012

BIG BIRD MAY YET DO ROMNEY IN

Romney told moderator Jim Lehrer, “I’m sorry Jim. I’m gonna stop the subsidy to PBS. I’m gonna stop other things. I like PBS, I like Big Bird, I actually like you too.”

A collective stab pierced the heart of Generation X who grew up with Big Bird, Bert and Ernie and Oscar the Grouch as their best friends. I immediately thought, “Oh no, Big Bird will be unemployed if Romney wins.” I wasn’t alone.
Not only Generation X.  Think of the children!   Of course, children can't vote, but at least some parents and grandparents of whatever generation may remember Romney's threat to Big Bird when they head out to vote.  And it's not only "Sesame Street" and other programs for children that will be affected by Romney's elimination of the subsidy.   A good many grown-ups of voting age watch PBS, too.

4 comments:

  1. I think we should all join in and give Romney the Big Bird (kinda tickles me)...btw, I have a brand new computer...it's muy nifty but the keyboard is in Español (again) and I'll need to use mi/my biwhatever parts of my brain (again)...expect lots of errors (I mean not of the kind I always make)...happy as a clam with this peppy new computer blasting out messages without me having to wait mediahora to send! Expect great things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't wait to see the results from your spiffy new computer, Len. And if you drift off into Spanglish, that's fine with me. :-)

      Delete
    2. Dear Len - if you're going bi, could you send some to the Romney son who does the dumblish (aka spanglish)commercials pretending to care about Latinos and tell him to stop it, muy andelay?! Here in Ohio, also known as ground zero of the insult known as the campaign ad wars, we are getting testy, overwhelmed as we are with the lies we're supposed to be too stupid not to notice ... big bird aside, where are the guys in the balcony when you need them to verbally smack down the dullards proposing to cut off the only pre-K education many children ever get? Brought to you by the letter F ... fed up we are, with the ads!

      Delete
    3. We have very few political ads here. Louisiana's electoral votes are in the bag for Romney, so there's no point in spending campaign cash here. None of the candidates visit, either. Obama came after Hurricane Isaac, but, other than that, no one.

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.