Sunday, October 7, 2012

CRIE DE COEUR

“I’m sorry, Jim, I’m gonna stop the subsidy to PBS… I like PBS. I love Big Bird. I actually like you, too," went Romney's vow.

Since then, Big Bird started a Twitter account, journalists calculated exactly how much of the federal budget PBS actually uses (.012 percent), and our favorite thing of all, this happened:
 

Poster from Dear World on Facebook.

Thanks to Ann V for the link to Huff Post. 

UPDATE: I corrected the percentage of the federal budget that subsidizes PBS.  

2 comments:

  1. Of course, PBS is not breaking the bank; it's an excuse to get rid of all those librul commentators and news programs, you know.

    BTW, you may or may not want to fact check this post; a quick look around the intertubes turns up a varying figure of .012% and .00012%, which is a lot when we're talking millions of dollars. Somebody with even less math sense than me has screwed up the percentage figure somewhere along the line.

    Although really, I don't know why anyone cares about such trifles when the entire country is headed straight for "ultimate destruction" any day now, and presumably Big Bird's goose is cooked no matter what: http://www.advocate.com/politics/politicians/2012/10/06/watch-alabama-chief-justice-candidate-say-gay-marriage-will-destroy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russ, you're right according to the PBS's figures. I corrected the percentage. It's still a drop in the bucket and will not solve the problem of the national debt.

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.