Friday, February 1, 2013

FAMILY DAY

Yesterday, I was gone from home all day, spending time in activities with various members of my family. The first outing was to Grandparents Day at my granddaughter's high school. Grandpère could not go, as he was due at the boat museum at the same time. Last year, we made the grand tour of the entire school, so GD didn't think we needed that again, but she did want us to visit her art classroom and see the work she had done in class. While we were looking at her pictures, the art teacher came up and said, "Your granddaughter is a very talented artist." I said, "We know." Still, I was delighted to hear the art teacher affirm what we knew. The picture is from our visit to the school last year. The photo from this year will be mailed to me.

Next up was a pleasant lunch at a local restaurant with my daughter-in-law and son to celebrate my DIL's birthday.  I enjoyed spending time with them, catching up with what's going on in their lives and the life of their son, my grandson, who is at LSU.  I have sworn off discussing politics with my son, except about matters upon which we agree, and I managed to keep my oath till the end of the lunch, which mercifully concluded before the discussion became too heated. I'll simply add that we all agree on certain matters political, which I will not detail here.

My next destination was my son's house to stay with my grandson until his older sister, my granddaughter in the top picture, came home from school and running errands. My GS is now a couple of years older than in the photo.

So. There it is - my family day - which is why I didn't blog yesterday.  Busy, busy, busy.

8 comments:

  1. You are an excellent Grandmere, Mimi!! I sometimes wish I lived as close to my Z. as you do to your grands. Then I see how cold it is where she lives and know that my joints wouldn't work in that weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, susan s. I know I'm fortunate to be near all my children and grandchildren. I know what you mean about the winter cold. I couldn't take more cold weather than we have here way down South.

      Delete
  2. What an excellent day! And how special that your granddaughter asks you to go to her school to see her artwork. You have a wonderful family - not that I'm surprised, wonderful mother, mother-in-law and grandma that you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika, I do have a wonderful family. My granddaughter gave me one of her paintings for my birthday. I'll take a photo and post the picture when I have a chance. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
    2. I was about to say this, but Erika said it for me.

      I think the fact that you and your son can agree to disagree, or at least not argue, is quite admirable, given that politics is a subject on which people tend to have extremely strong opinions.

      Delete
    3. Cathy, my son and I both have strong opinions, but I tend to get too emotional, so I imposed the limit to discussions about politics, and it's worked for the best...at least for me.

      Delete
  3. Don't fret. About the blogwhoring, or about being absent. You are missed but we can always come back to your blog for reruns until you return! Love your family day. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lois, I don't fret when I can't post, but daily blogging is now a habit, and it seems that I've missed something when I don't post. Sometimes I run reruns myself on lazy days. :-)

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.